Wednesday, October 23, 2013

More Scraptastic Club August 2013 Layouts

Today I'm back with two more layouts using the August 2013 kits from Scraptastic Club -- the I Found A Boy kit main kit and the add-on kit and stamp set. I loved working with these kits...



I'm really happy with how this first layout turned out. I was inspired by a video Jen Gallacher posted in her Scrapbook Stamper's Workshop class at Two Peas in a Bucket. Jen demonstrated how to create a custom background paper using stamps -- and I knew I had to try it out with the I Found a Boy stamp set. The sketchy designs look great stamped in these bright colors.


The rest of the layout came together very quickly after that. I simply matted the photos, layered everything with a few strips in between the photos and the custom-stamped background paper and clustered embellishments from the kit around the page.




 

The end result is a fun, bright page showing off my boys' hard work in the yard.

Next up, I created a softer, more girly layout using the same kits. Even though the kits are definitely boy-themed, it is possible to create a totally different look. (Note - I had to remove these images for publication. They'll be back soon...)


Yes, that's me, age 1, bald head and all. I love that little sailor ducky dress. Very 70s.


On this layout, I used my Kiwi Lane designer templates to create the background layers. I also added a double-row of machine-stitching around the edge. It adds to the texture and gives it a homemade feel to match the photos.


Yes, all of these paper were from the same kit as the other layouts. But here, I used mostly the "B" sides, which had a more subtle pattern and softer colors. I love that the kits was so versatile.



I still have enough papers and embellishments left over from this kit to create at least one or two more layouts. So, you might be seeing more of this kit soon. For now though, I'm itching to start playing with the September and October kits...

What scrapbooking projects have you been creating lately? I would love to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...