Monday, September 26, 2011

Halloween Door Art

I made some new door art for Halloween! Love how this turned out!

I've had this cute door hanger for a few years and I love it but I thought it needed some freshening up.

So I had hubby cut a board from some scrap wood, painted it black, then sanded the edges. I sealed it with some matte craft varnish as well - I love the subtle sheen it gets. Then I used my Silhouette to cut the Trick or Treat (trick_or_treat_C20090907230548_18816 in the Silhouette store).

I finished it off with a brass cup holder screwed into the bottom - spray-painted black - then stapled the orange polka-dot ribbon to the back to hang it up. I love it!

So stinking cute!

Updated: This project was featured on Craftaholics Anonymous as part of the 2011 Fall Frenzy. Wow - I'm honored!

Excited to link up to these parties:

All Things Thrifty Home Decor's All Things Spooky Linky Party


            


11 comments:

  1. The sign turned out very well and makes all the difference with your hanger!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ADORABLE! Thank you for linking up to my All Things Spooky series! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Brooke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! So darn cute.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thanks Kelley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bone hanger is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Steph! I got that at Target several years ago and I have always loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lissa,
    Love it! so cute! i'm featuring it on Craftaholics Anonymous tomorrow :) thanks for joining the party!
    happy crafting,
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Linda - thank you so much! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the cutest things ever! I am so going to make one of these. I just noticed that you shared my September Scarefest with everyone. Thank you so much. If you don't mind I would like to feature this project on my blog Oct 1st. Let me know
    Marcie @ I Gotta Try That

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...