Thursday, November 07, 2013

My First Stitch Fix - November 2013

So, everywhere on Pinterest and around the blogs, it seems like everyone is talking about Stitch Fix. It's a personal shopping service where you fill out a style profile and one of their stylists picks out five pieces to send to you. You try them on, pick out what you want to keep, and send back the rest via a free mailing envelope. There's a $20 styling fee for the box, and the fee is applied to the purchase of anything you decide to keep. And if you keep it all, you save 20% on the whole package.

So, I broke down and signed up for a my first monthly box back on August 29. The first ship date available was November 4. Whah! So. Long. To. Wait. But my box finally arrived, exactly on the date they said it would. And it was like Christmas came early...


I didn't delay in trying everything on. Each piece comes with a fashion card, like a recipe, with a casual look and a dressed-up look. Love that! My stylist was Julianne, and she included a note for me about the pieces she choose.


First up was this lovely dark red blouse - the Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover blouse by 41Hawthorn for $58. Definitely more than I normally spend on a blouse, but I loved the color and the fit and the everything. Definitely a keeper.


It was slightly snug across my girls, but then again, so is everything. Undoing the buttons helped a bit, and I still think it looks lovely.

Next, these jeans - the Malin Bootcut by Kensie Jeans for $98. Seriously. I've never spent that much on a pair of jeans before. Ever. And I just knew they wouldn't fit. I tried them on anyway - and I was amazed. A-MAZED. They were the softest, best fitting pair of jeans I had ever worn. Yes, they actually fit. Perfectly. I loved them. So I decided I would have to keep them.


The only flaw for me was that they were about an inch too long, just like most jeans I ever try on. You can see in the photo above that I turned them up to keep from stepping on them. So, since I was keeping them, I decided it was time to learn to hem jeans while keeping the original edge. I used this tutorial and hemmed the jeans about an inch. Nothing like trying a new sewing technique to permanently alter a $100 pair of jeans. Yikes. I was nervous.


But I perservered. And cursed a bit. But in the end - voila - perfectly fitting jeans and a perfect length. I love them so much...


The third item in the box was this beautiful, soft navy blue cardigan - the Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan for $48. Since cardigans are pretty much my mom-uniform staple, I had to keep this one too.


I love the color of this cardigan - a great change for me from my usual black.

My stylist also sent this lovely bracelet - the Eugenie Knot Detail bracelet for $28. So pretty...



And the final item in the fix, this gorgeous infinity scarf, something I had been wanting to try but hadn't yet bought for myself - the Henry Birds on Branch Infinity scarf by Rikka for $28. I had to keep it too.


Here's a slightly blurry close-up of the pattern (and an incredibly dusty mirror, wow)...



Overall, I'm super happy and excited with my first Stitch Fix. I ended up keeping everything in my box. With the 20% discount and the $20 styling fee applied to the total, I paid $180 for all five pieces. If you count the $20 I already paid, that's $40 per item. A bit more than I would spend per item if I went to Kohl's, but I feel like these items are worth it because they picked for me based on my style and are items I wouldn't have picked out for myself.

I can't wait until my next fix! If you want to try it out, please consider using my referral link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3174411  Stitch Fix gives us the opportunity to earn credit for anyone who signs up with our referral link. I would appreciate it if you do! And I would love to hear what you think of your fix...

Disclaimer: I wasn't compensated in any way for this review - all opinions are my own. :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 AM

    Everything is lovely. Great fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so excited about getting my Stitch Fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is exciting. :) Can't wait to see what you get!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...