Monday, October 07, 2013

Kiwi Lane DT Doodles Sketch - Week 39

I'm very excited today to share another project for Kiwi Lane for the DT Doodles Sketch - Week 39 feature. It was very fun to make. And since I didn't get a chance to share any cards for World Card Making Day, I can share these...

But before we get to the project, I want to announce the winner of the Kiwi Lane Madison Avenue border templates. Congratulations to Shannon Edwards! You're the winner! Watch for an email from me so I can send out your prize. And thank you to everyone who entered. Watch for more giveaways very soon...

So for this week's DT Doodle project, we were challenged to create a card with a decorative edge. With the Kiwi Lane card templates, perfectly sized for cards, cards are super easy to create. I started out by framing my card with the templates.


Then I chose my papers, traced, cut, and layered everything up. And here's what I created for the challenge...


You might notice I'm again using the Rough and Tumble collection from Carta Bella. This is the same collection I used last week for the Kiwi Lane sketch challenge. It was the perfect choice because I needed some boy birthday cards, it was already sitting out on my craft table, and I had just enough pieces left to create these cute cards.


The decorative edge makes it a super fun card with a twist.




These cards were so quick to create. I challenge you to use what you have on your table to create a few cards today. You'll be so glad to have them on hand when the next event comes up on your calendar.

Be sure to follow Kiwi Lane's blog or like them on Facebook. They are always sharing tips and ideas for using their template sets.

2 comments:

  1. Love what you created Lissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine! I love them too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...