Monday, October 21, 2013

Kiwi Lane DT Doodles Sketch - Week 41

Hello all! I'm definitely in the Halloween mood lately (aren't we all?), and today I have a fun Halloween layout to share. I created this layout for Kiwi Lane's DT Doodles blog feature for week 41. This week features a sketch based on this layout:


I love those Large Bracket and Scallop templates, so I was excited to be able to use them again. Here's my version:


I love how it turned out! The papers and embellishments are from the American Crafts Night Fall collection. I also had a large 12x12 paper pad from Michael's Recollections brand called "Night and Fall" which had the same patterned paper. Maybe American Crafts makes some of those too? Either way, I love this line. It's a spooky and fun Halloween collection with lots of hand-drawn elements and a great color palette. And of course, I had to use American Crafts Thickers in Dolce - love that bold font.

For the Kiwi Lane templates, I used:
  • Large Brackets 1 and 3
  • Scallops 1A and 1B
  • Strips 1" and 1/2"
  • Halloween 2 and 3
  • Mini Holiday 4T and 5T






This was so fun to create. If you have the Kiwi Lane Brackets and Scallops, I challenge you to create a layout combining the two. You will love the results! Please share your layout here - I would love to see it. If you don't have them, what are you waiting for? Run over to the Kiwi Lane shop and pick them up today.

2 comments:

  1. That is adorable paper! You always do such cute stuff, I can see why you made the design team! I love that you always participate in the DT Doodles :) it gives everyone even more inspiration to see another take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tina! What kind words - I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...