Monday, October 14, 2013

Kiwi Lane DT Doodles Sketch - Week 40

I'm back today to share a layout I created for Kiwi Lane's DT Doodles blog feature for week 40. This week, they're featuring a great double-page layout.


To get started, I picked out my photos and then framed out my page using the templates from the sample layout.


I love to overload on patterned paper, so of course I had to add in a few more border templates than the original layout showed. I used these Kiwi Lane templates:
  • Aspen Court borders
  • Strips
  • Tags
  • Tiny Tags
  • Photos
  • Photo Mats
I modified the sketch a bit based on the number of photos I was planning to use. After framing out my layout, I got to work selecting my papers. And here's the end result -- a Christmas layout ready for our family album.




The papers are from the Winter Wonderland collection from My Mind's Eye. For the embellishments, I used the Decorating the Tree (Boy) set from Miss Kate Cuttables with my Silhouette Cameo and various brads and pieces from my Christmas stash. I also used my Stickles glitter to add some sparkle to the die cuts.







So that's my interpretation of this week's sketch. Have you created a layout based on a sketch? Link it up here -- I would love to see it!

Be sure to check out Kiwi Lane's blog or like them on Facebook. They have so many scrapbooking tips and tricks to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...