I had so much fun creating and using my December kit, so I decided to do the same thing for January. I went with a winter theme and built my kit with 90% items from my stash and 10% new items.
With the winter theme in mind, I built the kit around a pack of pattern papers and stickers from Echo Park -- the Winter Wishes collection. I love the colors and designs in this collection.
Just like December, this month's kit is a big kit. It's amazing when you go through your stash and see how much you have that will coordinate. I really wanted to pull out lots of items so I would get some use out of them. So this month, I added in some tools to mix -- like an embossing folder and a border punch.
Here's what's in my kit:
- Winter Wishes collection by Echo Park -- includes twelve 12x12 patterned papers, one 12x12 element sticker sheet, one 12x12 alpha sticker sheet
- 15 sheets of 12x12 cardstock -- blue, navy, kraft, and white
- 15 sheets of 12x12 patterned paper from my stash -- all in winter themes colors
- 6x12 white mesh
- Jenni Bowlin stencil guide
- Wood stars -- small size from Recollections, large from my stash (source unknown)
- Six paper snowflakes from Curtsey Boutique
- Winter embellishments from Jolee's Boutique -- three packs
- Winter embellishments from Paper House -- one pack
- Winter glitter snowflakes from Recollections
- Blue fabric brads from Pebbles
- White metal frame by Pressed Petals
- Studio Calico Mistables -- stars
- American Crafts baker's twine in grey
- Various blue and purple buttons, brads, and yarn from my stash
- Chipboard tag embellishments by Teresa Collins
- White and silver glitter
- Blue paper polaroid frame
- Blue shipping tag
- White rhinestone flowers by Pebbles
- White canvas tag
- Three white paper doilies
- One mistable tag by Heidi Swapp
- One mistable border strip
- Two packs of journaling tags by Me & My Big Ideas
- Fiskars border punch
- Cuttlebug embossing folder -- swirls
- Four packs of Thickers
- Set of two Doodlebug background stamps
- Two bottles of Studio G glitter glue -- blue and white
- Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Tinsel
- October Afternoon Sprinklers in Frequent Flyer and Night Sky
Of course, I had to buy a few new things, just to keep things new and exciting.
I bought these from Scrapbook.com for this month's kit:
- Timbergrove Flair by Fancy Pants Designs: $3.99
- Lawn Fawn Winter Sparrows die set: $5.99
- Lawn Fawn Winter Sparrows stamp set: $3.99
- Creative Impressions Glimmer Brads: $2.99
- Studio Calico Mr. Huey's Shine Mist: $3.84
That's a little more than I should have spent, I think, but I've been dying to create something cute with those Lawn Fawn sets I've been seeing around the blogs. So this month, I'll give it a try. Plus the mist can be used for lots of other projects, so I really should only count a little bit of the cost here. :)
There's more in this kit than I'll be able to use in a month, I'm sure, but I'll give it my best shot. Stay tuned for layouts created with this kit coming up soon...
Have you created your own monthly kit? I would love to see. Please share it here...