Friday, June 13, 2014

Blog Hop for Miss Kate Cuttables and Scrappy Moms Stamps

Scrappy Moms Stamps & Miss Kate Cuttable blog hop

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be a part of this week's amazing blog hop with Miss Kate Cuttables and Scrappy Moms Stamps. There have been so many adorable projects to see from all the designers. Best of all, you can win some great prizes! Read on to find out how to enter.

For my project today, I created a scrapbook layout:

On the Farm layout for Scrappy Moms Stamps and Miss Kate Cuttables -- www.MightyCrafty.me

I used the Little Critters stamp set from Scrappy Moms Stamps:

Little Critters stamps by Scrappy Moms Stamps

And these adorable cut file sets from Miss Kate Cuttables:

On the Farm cut file set by Miss Kate CuttablesFun on the Farm cut file set by Miss Kate Cuttables


At first glance, it might be hard to figure out where I used the stamps. :) Since my stamp set was all of these adorable sentiments, I decided to use them to create my own custom patterned paper. It's a great way to use your stamps to create something unique. Here's how:

1. Choose your stamping ink colors to coordinate with the other papers and embellishments you are planning to use.

Little Critter stamp set by Scrappy Moms Stamps

2. Start stamping with one stamp in just one color, keeping the orientation the same over the paper (I cropped my paper to 7x12 so I would have a smaller canvas to work with).

3. Stamp with the next stamp in the next color, turning the orientation to be perpendicular to the first. Be sure to stamp off the sides of the paper too. It doesn't have to be perfect, so don't stress about this at all. It should be fun!

Creating custom patterned paper with stamps -- www.MightyCrafty.me

4. Fill your page, staying with a single color for each stamp to create consistency. Fill in gaps with a small generic stamp (like I did with the star stamps).

Creating custom patterned paper with stamps -- www.MightyCrafty.me

That's it -- you now have a custom piece of patterned paper to use on your layout or project.

On the Farm layout for Scrappy Moms Stamps and Miss Kate Cuttables -- www.MightyCrafty.me

I just love it! The colors coordinate perfectly with my other papers and the Miss Kate Cuttables paper piecings I created for the layout.

On the Farm layout for Scrappy Moms Stamps and Miss Kate Cuttables -- www.MightyCrafty.me

On the Farm layout for Scrappy Moms Stamps and Miss Kate Cuttables -- www.MightyCrafty.me

On the Farm layout for Scrappy Moms Stamps and Miss Kate Cuttables -- www.MightyCrafty.me

So fun!

And now for the prizes! :) To enter the giveaway, be sure to follow my blog and leave a comment below. Then head over to the Miss Kate Cuttables blog and Scrappy Mom Stamps blog to leave comments on all the other designer blogs as well. You can win some amazing prizes from Miss Kate Cuttables and Scrappy Moms! At the end of the blog hop, be sure to email TheScrapbookingQueen1@gmail.com for your free file code.


Good luck -- and stay crafty!
Lissa :)




27 comments:

  1. Love how you made your own background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you made the paper! such a cute and creative idea! thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG what a super awesome creative job you did on your LO golly gosh what an awesome clever stamping idea to create your own background I love it......thanks for the great idea. You sure came up with so many fantastic ideas to tell your story....your pics are so great....super photo ops that you took advantage of....I'm a die hard scrapper and I love seeing how other scrap and you are a very talented scrapper. What a treat to see your works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scrapbook page. What a wonderful idea to stamp your own background page. Love it!
    Marcia
    mvanhoosan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I like the stamped background and the farm theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your background, and the chick is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! This is so awesome! I love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love the background you created! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful stamping & great photos on the scrapbook layout.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the stamping technique. Cute Card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Love the layout. Adorable photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the idea of making your own paper with stamps. Great LO.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout and love your very creative paper.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I never thought of this wonderful idea. It turned out awesome and love the LO with the cute farm scene cuts and the lined up pics.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun and great
    way to use the stamps!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love what you did with the stamps for the background and also the cuts you used. Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is super cute, I love using stamps for backgrounds myself,

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your pages an your specially made up paper!!! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea on your background paper. Your whole page works together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job on creating your own paper. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous background paper idea! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous12:51 AM

    I love your background paper Lissa - what a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great background, and I love your farm page!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome layout! I love that you made your own background papers!!! Nicely done!!!! Love those SVG's and the stamp set made a perfect background! Thanks for sharing!
    gaudet5

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous1:25 PM

    Very cute page layout

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute layout! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. awesome stamping. so colorful and cute

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...