I've had this one finished for quite awhile but haven't shared it because I was hoping to find a good "before" image - but this is the only one I could come up with...
It doesn't look so bad here, but fast forward a few years, and the brown microfiber fabric was stained and worn. Not pretty. I'm still kicking myself for not taking a "before" photo, but this is one of those projects that just took over and before I knew it, I was done.
The ottoman matches the little brown couch in the photo and lifts up for storage. We love having it, but after we got a new grey couch and loveseat for the family room, the ottoman didn't quite match - and it was extremely ugly. I had a chunk of blue corduroy fabric in my stash that was sturdy and practical - and I had a matching blue polka-dot fabric to recover the new pillows to build a grey / blue theme. (And I have yet to start that last part to date - oh well...)
So, staple gun in hand, I went to work recovering the ottoman. I unscrewed the top lid and recovered it first, folding and stapling the fabric in place, making sure to punch holes where the screws needed to put back in.
I didn't even bother taking the old fabric off - I think it would have been almost impossible (and maybe I've mentioned this before, but I'm a little impatient).
I stapled the fabric around the bottom sides of the ottoman next.
And before I knew it - I was ready to attach the top back to the base.
It looked so much better...
...as long as you ignore the un-recovered pillows (not a fan of that purple fabric that originally came on the pillows - I'm hoping to get those recovered soon).
We are super happy with the change - we've extended the lift of our tired little ottoman. I think it's a lot happier now too...
Sharing at these great parties: