Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween Mantel and Decor

I finally have all of my Halloween decor up - just in time for the first snow in Castle Rock, Colorado. The snow is beautiful but it puts me in the mood for Christmas, not Halloween. I hope we have some okay weather for trick-or-treating next week...

My mantel in the new house is very different from our last house. It's much skinnier and not as long. I've already told Byron that we'll need to put up a more substantial mantel at some point. Plus, the fireplace is off to one side of the wall, instead of being centered. It makes a bit of a difference for decorating, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Halloween Mantel - www.MightyCrafty.me

(And no, I didn't paint that odd salmon pink color - it appears in several places on the first floor and will be the first thing I get rid of. Byron doesn't see the pink - he thinks it's red...crazy...)

Halloween Mantel - www.MightyCrafty.me

Halloween Mantel - www.MightyCrafty.me

Halloween Mantel - www.MightyCrafty.me

This past summer, I was able to buy something I've been wanting for a long, long time - a sofa table. I picked it up from a neighbor at her garage sale (thanks Jane!). I love it. I might paint / distress it eventually, but for now, it's perfect behind our couch in our new family room.

Halloween Decor - www.MightyCrafty.me

Halloween Decor - www.MightyCrafty.me

Halloween Decor - www.MightyCrafty.me

And lastly, I have put up my shabby window frames in the foyer for my wreath displays. Again, a different arrangement than in our last house, but I like it.

Halloween Wreath - www.MightyCrafty.me

The foyer decor is much the same as last year, with the Halloween tree and display.

Halloween Decor - www.MightyCrafty.me

Halloween Decor - www.MightyCrafty.me

Halloween Decor - www.MightyCrafty.me

Since we just moved in a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to create anything new for Halloween. I'm kind of bummed about that, but I do love the pieces I have - especially the Halloween wreath. Probably my favorite thing of all time.

Halloween Wreath - www.MightyCrafty.me

Halloween is nearly here - I would love to see your Halloween home tour too. Share it with us in this week's MightyCrafty Mondays pin-up party...

I Gotta Try That    Fox Hollow Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! Thanks so much for sharing your holiday cheer. You've got so much cute stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:09 PM

    Loved your mantle. Very Halloweenish! I have pinned it.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...