Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pillow Slipcovers

I'm back today to share a home decor project. It's been awhile since I've had a new project to share.

Last year, I recovered our brown ottoman in a nice blue corduroy. Since then, the pillows for our couch have been driving me nuts. They came with the couch -- and while I do like purple normally, they don't match anything in our home.


So the time finally came for me to recover those pillows. I had been hoarding the fabric from a shopping trip a few years ago -- and I was so happy to finally use it. And of course, prove to hubby that the purchase had been for a reason.


I used two coordinating fabric prints -- a blue dot and blue floral -- with the same blue as the ottoman. I used this incredible Easy Envelope Pillow Cover pattern from Teal and Lime. So easy to follow and customize for any pillow size. I was amazed at how fast I was able to get these pillows finished.





Okay, I seriously love them so so so much. So much better than that crazy purple. And I love that my recovered ottoman finally looks like it belongs in our family room.



I love how clean everything looks in this photo, but I missed the Kindle sitting on the side table by the lamp. LOL. Oh well -- that's just real life creeping in. Our family room is never this clean. But at least our pillows look great.

 
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to learn how to use my sewing machine. I have fabric to make pillow covers and everything has been sitting in the corner waiting for me to get the machine out and sew. Thanks for including the pattern you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an easy pattern - you can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...