Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Practical Scrappers May Sketch

Hello everyone! It's time for a new monthly sketch at Practical Scrappers. If you know me, you know I love working with sketches. And this month's sketch is no exception -- very fun with lots of possibilities:

May Sketch for Practical Scrappers

Here's the layout I created based on this sketch:

Wonderful Sedona layout for May sketch at Practical Scrappers -- www.MightyCrafty.me

These photos are from a trip I took with my mom to visit my grandparents before they moved back east. My aunt and cousin were there too, and it was a wonderful trip.

I have decided to work on a "kill the kit" project for May, which means I'm using up a monthly kit from my stash. This month, I'm working with the March 2013 kit from Studio Calico. A beautiful kit with lots of awesome papers and embellishments to play with. And the sketch had that lovely swirly border element, so I decided to use my Sizzix Swirly border die to create several pieces that I layered and tacked down with tiny, tiny glue dots.

Wonderful Sedona layout for May sketch at Practical Scrappers -- www.MightyCrafty.me

I used the Amy Tangerine rub-ons in the title and as accents around the page. Love the sideways title.

Wonderful Sedona layout for May sketch at Practical Scrappers -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Wonderful Sedona layout for May sketch at Practical Scrappers -- www.MightyCrafty.me

I love how this came together -- all thanks to that awesome sketch. Be sure to head on over to Practical Scrappers to see the rest of the design team layouts for this month's sketch. They always have such creative ideas!

Until next time,
Stay crafty!
Lissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...