Friday, July 19, 2013

Then & Now

I love creating layouts that showcase photos from different times in our family's life. This is something I never did much before taking Stacy Julian's class at BPC -- Finding Photo Freedom. I just finished up an alumni version of the workshop this past spring, and it was a great way to refresh my photo systems and add in a few new tools. I highly recommend this class -- it has changed my photo organization and scrapbooking life completely.

So in this layout, I featured two photos from the same spot at Legoland California. The first photo is from 2007 and the second is from 2012. When we returned to Legoland last year and saw that lion, we knew we had to get another photo of the boys. I love those little faces peeking out...


Most everything is from a Boys Rule kit from last year -- the papers are in the Basic Grey Clippings collection. Love them - very neutral and go with anything. I used my Kiwi Lane designer templates to lay out the papers in a central stripe down the middle.


The camera die cut was included in the Boys Rule kit, along with the elements and stickers. I created the title with my Silhouette, adding an offset as a mat (love that feature).


Love this layout! It is so fun to see photos from two different times on a single page.

I challenge you to create a layout using photos from two or more time periods. You will love the results...

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved than and now pages. It really highlights the passage of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite kind of pages! I need to do more for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...