Friday, March 14, 2014

Rainbow Loom Layout for Practical Scrappers

I'm super excited about today's project -- it's a fun outlet for my latest "other" obsession -- Rainbow Loom bracelets! I bought my boys each a Rainbow Loom for Christmas and lots of band colors and an organizer case. They did have fun with it for a bit -- but I must admit, it was me who was the most excited to play with it. LOL.

So this month's Frugal Finds feature for Practical Scrappers is Rainbow Loom bands. I love the monthly Frugal Finds challenge, because you get to create something awesome with items you probably have around the house. Luckily, I have a ton of Rainbow Loom bands...

For my project, I created a super, super long Rainbow Loom bracelet in colors to coordinate with the Our Lil Monster collection from Bo Bunny. Then I used the bracelet to create a fun page border for my layout:

Silly Boy layout for Practical Scrappers Frugal Finds -- Rainbow Loom bands -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Isn't it bright and colorful and awesome? I used the original weaving pattern and just used jump rings to attach each bracelet to each other until I got a long enough bracelet (I created six bracelets total). Then I just stapled the bracelet right to my page using my Tiny Attacher.

Silly Boy layout for Practical Scrappers Frugal Finds -- Rainbow Loom bands -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Silly Boy layout for Practical Scrappers Frugal Finds -- Rainbow Loom bands -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Silly Boy layout for Practical Scrappers Frugal Finds -- Rainbow Loom bands -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Silly Boy layout for Practical Scrappers Frugal Finds -- Rainbow Loom bands -- www.MightyCrafty.me

Okay, I love this technique -- and I love this new collection from Bo Bunny! What a fun combination. I hope you are inspired to try using Rainbow Loom bands on your next project. Head on over to Practical Scrappers to see what the other designers came up with for their Frugal Finds projects.

Stay crafty!
Lissa :)


1 comment:

  1. This is so clever. I just love the colors and how you incorporated the latest rage - the band bracelets onto your page. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...