Thursday, October 06, 2011

Table Runner

I have had these lovely red toille napkins forever. They have served as a cover for an antique radio we have in our foyer.


I love how they look - the pattern is one of my favorite things in the world. But something always bugged me about how they slid around and didn't stay in place.


So one day I thought - why have I not just sewn them together? I have no idea why this never occurred to me before. LOL.

So I made a runner out of them...


I'm really happy with how it turned out. I didn't have a pattern handy, so I just figured out how big I wanted the finished runner to be, then cut the napkins into squares. I found some dark red corduroy fabric to go with the napkins, and cut that fabric into strips for the sides and one large piece for the back. The napkins were a little thin, so I used some quilt batting to give them some weight.


I think it turned out perfect...


A much better look for my foyer. More changes coming soon...

Linking up to these parties:


3 comments:

  1. This is another great idea and I wouldn't have thought of it! It turned out very nice. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment about my Fiestaware post! Have a good weekend!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to repurpose your napkins! Beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! There are so many gorgeous napkins out there that you could use to make something similar instead of having to buy a huge amount of fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...