Monday, November 05, 2012

Layouts Using Kiwi Lane Designs

Have you heard of Kiwi Lane Designs? I first found them a few weeks ago at the Scrapbook Expo in Denver. At their booth, I was intrigued by their fun and colorful layouts - and then discovered their templates. After playing with them to create a few layouts of my own, I think I'm in love...

Created with Kiwi Lane templates - www.MightyCrafty.me
Created using Abbie Road border templates and Adventure and Rings accessory sets
The whole concept behind their templates is that you can layer them together to create a great layout without using a ton of embellishments. You start with the border templates, and then cut and layer shapes on top.

Layout created using Kiwi Lane templates - www.MightyCrafty.me

Layout created using Kiwi Lane templates - www.MightyCrafty.me

There's nothing fancy about this layout but I love how colorful and fun it is. Using the templates, I just cut out and layered fun shapes to bring the colors together.

For someone like me who LOVES patterned paper, this is a perfect way to scrapbook. Very fast and easy. Plus the templates help you plan and design your layout before you ever cut your paper. Kiwi Lane has a great video to show you how this all works.

I've been using the templates on every layout I've been creating lately. I'll have more to share over the next week, but here's one more I created that first weekend after the Expo.

Layout created using Kiwi Lane templates - www.MightyCrafty.me
Created using Clara Lane border template and Adventure accessory set

Layout created using Kiwi Lane templates - www.MightyCrafty.me

This layout came together so quickly - and shows how you can use the templates with regular embellishments to create your layout. The possibilities are truly endless. The templates make it very easy to play around with your page design before you cut anything out.

I'm so glad to have found these fun tools. I think I've broken down and nearly bought them all at this point. LOL. I'm feeling very creative again. More to share soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...