Sunday, October 14, 2012

September 2012 Crafty Round-Up

Since September was a month full of moving preparation, I didn't the chance to do many crafty projects. Instead, I worked on a few scrapbooking projects that I had been meaning to finish up.



My biggest project was to finish the boys' sports album - or least get it up-to-date. I have an album dedicated just to their sports photos, and it had been lingering for quite a while. So, over the course of 2 weeks, I created 20 layouts. It feels so good to have these finished. And the boys loved seeing their sports teams over the course of the last 5 years.


Another big project - I finished rating / purging my photo library. I've been working in Lightroom to organize my nearly 10-years of digital photos, and 2010 was the last year I had to do. It had 5,184 photos in it - more than twice any other year - so it was more than a little daunting. Finally, this month, I was able to purge and rate every photo in that year, bringing the total photos down from over 5,000 to half that - 2,508. Now, I just have to categorize all those.

Finally, I created 15 digital scrapbook layouts this month. I forgot how much I loved digital scrapbooking - no mess, easy to start and stop, simple to size your photos, and so many great scrapbooking designers and kits. I pushed myself to use a few things I had in my stash that I had been wanting to use - and I love how everything turned out.

Quick page from Heather Ann Designs



Quick page by Shabby Princess

Created with the Scrap It Actions 2 by Wendyzine Scraps



All Halloween quick pages by Jen Wilson





Now that we're all moved and settled into our new house in Colorado, I'm hoping to get a few projects going to share very soon. In the meantime, I'm decorating for my favorite holiday - Halloween...

2 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of all your pages! Great job. I have the boys school albums and sports albums on my list of getting caught up. Hopefully I'll get them done before the end of this school year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Monica! Most of those pages are quick pages I've had in my stash for years that I've been wanting to use up. I went on a major stash-purging mission last month on my digi supplies and I made myself use up those old kits or delete them...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...